|Title||Information Technology Manager|
|Reports to||Country Finance Manager|
|Effective Date||April 2021||Grade||E1|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child but this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination, and its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (YPII) is presently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. An effective and efficient communications strategy is a must for Plan Indonesia to share the outcomes of these projects to influence different actors, specially state authorities and to position Plan’s profile within and outside at different levels – starting from community, sub district, district to national, regional and international levels.
Dimensions of the Role
IT Manager has to develop annual IT strategic direction for YPII as an organization in line with Country Strategy 4 and subsequent Country Strategy as well as global IT direction. S/he will take a lead in digitalization project of the organization from conception to implementation that enable YPII to operate more efficiently. S/he will be responsible to manage IT operation in Indonesia and provide IT advice and services to all departments that require digitalization in their process and activities. S/he will coordinate the availability of IT resources and assets for all YPII staff. This position also includes supervisory responsibility on other IT team members. S/he will report to Operation Director and liaise with IT team from Global Hub and Regional Hub as required.
- Provide strategic advice (conception) and implementation plan for digitalization effort of YPII.
- Lead IT project implementation for YPII by bringing all relevant stakeholders to the project and gives regular update to Operation Director and other CMT as needed.
- Perform IT operation management in-line with CS4 target and subsequent CS.
- Keep abreast of changes in trend and technology especially on the digitalization of operation.
- Develop and update IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably.
- Keep on the loop of other type of IT and technology usage by other departments.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Supervisor.
Digitalization of Organization
- Coordinates with Operation Director and CMT on the need for digitalization across organization.
- Analyse the existing system and develop plan to migrate from manual based to digital based system that bring more efficiency in operation.
- Partner with outside providers and select the best solution available for the organization to adopt and implement.
Budget Management and Monitoring
- Prepare accurate annual IT operation budget for YPII on time.
- Monitor the cost of IT operation and explanation for budget vs. actual on quarterly basis.
- Review and monitor of IT purchase under grant funding to ensure the purchase align with donor requirement.
- Maintain list of IT related assets that purchase under sponsorship funding and grant funding.
- Develop and manage contacts with external vendors, consultant and IT service providers on behalf of IT.
- Coordinate with Logistic to ensure the list is updated on quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure proper depreciation for purchase IT assets on annual basis and when the asset is purchased.
Maintenance of IT infrastructure for offices in Indonesia
- Provide best practice models and tools to ensure smooth IT development and operation for YPII.
- Supervise and maintain Local Area Network (LAN) whether using Wifi and Ethernet, email access, internet access, proper data.
- Ensures all desktop and laptop are updated in term of OS and core applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Antivirus) on time with minimal disruption to operation.
- Ensure proper maintenance for desktop, laptop, UPS, printer, corporate website and other IT related fixed assets in coordination with Logistic.
- Ensure the availability and sufficiency of support systems to end-users.
- Coordinate with IT global on the SAP access and other Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Identify training needs for end users.
- Supervise the development of orientation materials for all staff in operate the IT hardware, IT software, and access to the enterprise resource planning software.
- Advise field office on hardware and software needs.
- Advise other department on hardware and software needs.
- Operation Director: Direct Supervisor
- Country Finance Manager: Coordination and collaboration on the implementation and maintenance of ERP software and business intelligence software.
- Logistic Procurement Manager: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation related to logistic and procurement digitalization as well as asset related to IT whether purchase by sponsorship fund or grant fund.
- Human Resources Manager: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation related to human resource digitalization.
- Fundraising team: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation relating with digitalization of face-to-face fundraising, payment system, and donor services as well as system administrator for YPII corporate website.
- Influencing and Communication team: Coordination and collaboration on project implementation relating with digitalization of influencing and communication, especially with the use of technology and social media to reach wider target audiences effective and efficient.
- Program/Project Manager: Coordination, and collaboration on project usage of technology such as monitoring and evaluation.
- Global Hub (GH): Coordination on global IT policies and software upgrade that need to be implemented in Indonesia.
- External vendors and IT Service Providers: Coordination on daily operation related to IT service provider, monitoring and evaluation of the IT service providers on annual basis.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 4-6 years’ experience at Management level as IT manager.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Good English speaking and written skills.
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office, SAP as administrator (prefer), Microsoft Dynamic 365 (prefer), Power BI (prefer).
- Experience managing IT infrastructure linking different offices in Indonesia.
- Experience in developing IT skills for IT staff.
- At least 4 years’ relevant post qualification preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organisations.
- Good training and coaching abilities
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organization by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Based at Country Office with at least 30% travel to projects areas, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Level of Contact with Children
Low contact: Rare interaction with children
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by apply now not later than March 26, 2021 through tinyurl.com/ITManager21
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.