The Programme Quality, Development & Partnership Director is a strategic and critical post to ensure that Plan Indonesia stays relevant, impactful, and financially sustainable. This post plays a central role in ensuring that Plan Indonesia’s development program and influencing are relevant to the needs of children and young people, especially girls and young women, in Indonesia, and the common agenda of development actors and donors. This post is designed to ensure that Plan Indonesia and all its staff, youth champions, and volunteers are able to show evidence of Plan Indonesia’s programs and influencing impact. We envisioned that this post would strengthen Plan Indonesia’s position as the strategic partner of choice of key development and humanitarian stakeholders. Lastly, the post is a crucial element to realize Plan Indonesia’s ambition to be a learning organization.
Quality Assurance of CS5, Programme Delivery and Grant Management
- Lead CS5 reporting, review and evaluation as well as annual plans and quarterly and annual reporting according to CS5, ensuring coordination of all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Provide oversight with the establishment and maintenance of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), accountability and information-management systems, as well as research and learning processes and products to inform adaptive management and promote thought leadership.
- Provide oversight to ensure grants reports and evaluation are of high quality and submitted timely
- Promote understanding and adherence of all units to Plan’s management standards, and coordinates the reporting of these standards
- Work together with the other Departments to ensure that projects are being managed according to Plan Indonesia’s business process
- Work with the CLT to foster and champions a culture of evidence gathering and learning across the organisation
Programme Development and Innovation
- Provide oversight the development of high-quality, competitive and impactful proposals, contributing to gender transformative changes and sustainable and measurable impacts on the lives of CAY especially girls and their communities.
- Direct the innovation of new program development and solicit inputs for the same both internally and externally;
- Lead the collaboration with the Resource Mobilisation Department to access new business development through innovative financing mechanisms
- Lead the Partnership Cluster and work together with other CLT members and advisors to analyse current industry trends to identify new product development to strengthen Plan Indonesia’s financial sustainability
Leading Strategic Partnership
- Define Plan Indonesia’s Partnership Strategy
- Oversee that all departments/units establish good practices of partnership management aligning with Plan’s Guidelines for Building Better Partnership, and following Plan Indonesia’s business process, from partner assessment process, contracting to reporting, capacity building and evaluation of partnership
- Provide strategic direction for partnerships with governments, private sectors, major donor, youth organisations, universities, institution, partner agencies, local and international NGOs; and National Offices, Global initiatives relevant to programme needs
- Together with Programme Development Manager, establish and maintain liaison and represent Plan Indonesia
- Provide oversight and support to the Partnership Cluster to ensure good coordination amongst all department with key external stakeholders
- Provide support to others in related to partnership management, including overseeing conflict resolution
- Represent Plan Indonesia in the Global Program Network and other networks and meetings as directed by the Executive Director
- Ensure team’s performance objectives are well defined and aligned with the organisation’s objectives and CS5; and that they are timely monitored using Plan International’s performance management system and other tools.
- Ensure that team members are adequately supported in their work and their development needs are identified and met.
- Ensure that the team budget is developed, implemented and monitored in a timely manner.
- Delegate responsibilities among the team members in a balanced way to ensure quality outputs and support provided in terms of regular feedback, coaching, mentoring to develop professional capacity and performance of the team.
- Encourage team members to strengthen collaboration and coordination with other departments and other internal and external key stakeholders
- Lead the PQDP team by fostering a team environment that nurture ideas, promotes learning, appreciates risk taking measures and creativity, values data and facts; and strives for excellence and co-creation/collaboration.
Providing effective leadership and decision making, as part of Country Leadership Team (CLT)
- Contribute to the collective and informed decisions made by the CLT on major issues related to organisational and programme development, financial sustainability and impact.
- Ensure good stewardship of financial and non-financial resources to achieve YPII’s goals, mission and mandate.
- Together with the other CLT members, ensure that Plan Indonesia complies with all Plan International’s principles, policies and protocols
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
Education, Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree in development studies or other relevant subjects, or substantive experience
- 10 years of experience in Senior Management position in leading complex and large program development and its implementation in national or international development organisation
- Proven and demonstrable experience of proposal development, securing multi-year, multi-million Euro/Dollar grants
- Strong skills in turning ideas into fundable proposals
- Having substantial experience in supervising large projects, ideally through/with partners, including budget management, monitoring and evaluation, and quality project reporting
- Proven experience in initiating or developing program in Indonesia context especially with children and youth as the target group.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strategic relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, from NGOs partners, donors, government, youth organisation, and private sector
- Have a good understanding of M&E and knowledge management to facilitate organisational learning
- Sensitive and open to both humanitarian and long-term development approaches
- Good understanding of gender transformative approach, gender and inclusion, and child rights
- Experience in working on advocacy and influencing
- Good track record in building, managing, and leading a large team
- Understanding of Indonesia Government policies, laws, and institutions in gender equality, and youth empowerment sector/field
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and verbal)
Typical office environment in Jakarta, with frequent travels to the field and some travel
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Medium contact: few interaction with children and young people.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by apply now not later than November 30th, 2023.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy (PSHEA).
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse.
Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity . We strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team in every office and country is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.