|Location:||3 districts (Temanggung, Semarang and Magelang) of Central Java, Indonesia|
|Contract Type:||Professional Service Contract|
|Working Language:||Bahasa Indonesia|
|Contract Period:||27 working days|
|Submission deadline||30 April 2021|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
About the Project
Current conditions in Indonesia offer several opportunities for young entrepreneurs, especially women. The rise of digital technology and Internet availability opens doors to large-scale markets they might otherwise not access. Evidence shows this can boost their earnings significantly: McKinsey reports that women-owned MSMEs generate 35% of the revenue on online marketplaces, compared to only 15% in traditional, offline spaces. However, while opportunities exist for aspiring business owners, marginalized youth face a particular challenge in accessing both the collateral needed to start a business and a community of likeminded entrepreneurs who can mentor and guide them through the process. Yayasan Plan International Indonesia with support from Biscayne Hospitality, conducted GIRL project with the goal of providing additional marginalized youth, particularly young women, with economic opportunities through the creation of sustainable micro-entrepreneurship in 2018 to 2020 in Semarang and Temanggung, Central Java. Building upon the project success and lesson learned, the project continued into phase II as GIRL 2.0. GIRL 2.0 will support youth over a two-year period, and strengthen its focus on access to B2B and business financing for youth business, as well as COVID 19 adjustment for online engagement and business digital literacy. The project will work towards the achievement of two primary objectives as below:
- Increase the skills and capacity of marginalized youth, especially young women, to start their own businesses and participate in the local economy, and
- Increase young entrepreneurs’ access to the private sector and microfinance institutions support.
To achieve the objective of increase the skills and capacity of marginalized youth, especially young women, to start their own businesses and participate in the local economy, the project will conduct technical training to ensure participants are equipped with the necessary entrepreneurial skills. Through Plan’s GIRL 2.0 curriculum, youth will learn: financial management; how to develop an investment plan for their business and access resources; skills to develop market-driven products and services; marketing; networking strategies to leverage market access; and key life skills, such as self-efficacy, resilience, decision making, negotiation and problem solving.
Plan will update our current curriculum to respond to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as findings from the GIRL 1.0 final report, completed in October 2020. We will provide addition training-of- trainers for 25 trainers who will link training activities with our coaching platform. Plan will identify these trainers through an updated mapping of local youth as leader from each village, village government (BUMDES), non-profit organizations as a partner of project and business incubators.
After the Training of Trainer, there will be entrepreneurship training which will be attended by youth (70% are young women), from all project participants from each village. Training will be conducted in each group in each village.
II. Objective of the Assignment
The objective of the consultancy is to review and finalization training modules on entrepreneurship and conduct training of trainers and training on entrepreneurship for youth especially young women in Temanggung, Semarang and Magelang, Central Java
III. Scope of Work/Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will perform the following task:
- Review and finalization Entrepreneurship module. The entrepreneurship module is available which resulted from the first phase of the GIRL Project. This module needs to be adapted especially to suit the situation of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. The module also needs to integrate Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) aspects. The entrepreneurship module will be made in offline and blended facilitation formats as well as online delivery formats
- Facilitation of Training of Trainer on Entrepreneurship for local youth as leader from each village, village government (BUMDES), non-profit organizations as a partner of project and business incubators.
- Facilitation of Training on Entrepreneurship for youth especially young women. In this ToT and Training on entrepreneurship it is necessary to integrate aspects of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
IV. Key Deliverables
|Module Entrepreneurship updated||Review dan finalization Entrepreneurship Module||3 days|
|Increased knowledge and skills of 25 training of trainer participants in facilitating entrepreneurship development||Training of Trainers on Entrepreneurship||3 days|
|Increased knowledge and skills of 150 training participants in entrepreneurship development||Entrepreneurship Training, 6 times||18 days|
|Submission of report||Reporting||3 days|
V. Duration of the Assignment
The duration of consultancy will be 27 working days.
In this assignment, YPII will cover training needs including accommodation, consumption, transportation and training materials for both participants as well as consultant. The consultant will cover the trainer or training facilitator fee / honorarium. Consultant is expected to work in close consultation with the GIRL Project team
VII. Terms of Payment
The consultant will be paid in full upon satisfactory completion of the key deliverables.
VIII. Key Principles, Approach and Ethical Consideration
Plan Indonesia Staff and consultant must adhere to Plan International Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection. The consultant must follow Ethical Principles for involving human subjects in a research and obtain written/ verbal consent from the human subjects. Permission from elder must be sought if the children under 18 years are involved as subjects. Signed informed consent of each child and his/her parents need to take after explaining purpose of the study and its usage. Training on this will be part of the training provided for the team.
All the projects managed by Plan Indonesia and is partners, should also aligned with Plan International global ambition to reach 100 million girls, using gender transformative approach in delivering its tasks. In this assignment, the Consultant is expected to apply gender transformative approach through addressing gender norms, strengthening girls’ and young women’s agency, advancing girls’ and women’s condition and position, working with boys and men to embrace gender equality, responding to the needs and interest of girls and boys in all their diversity, and fostering an environment that enables gender equality and girls’ rights.
IX. Required experience and qualifications
Requirement and qualification of the consultant:
- Proven in facilitation on entrepreneurship sector
- Ability to understand the project goals and deliver high quality outputs within agreed timeframe
- Advantages if you have experience in child and youth development issues
- Advance understanding on Gender Equality and Social Inclusion are preferable
X. Application Procedure
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) invites firms/teams of consultant with relevant expertise and portfolio to apply for the assignment by sending:
- A letter of intent
- Proposal of the assignment with the following content: (a) background; (b) approach and methodology of the assignment outlining key activities and key deliverables produced and proposed content of the training modules; (c) workplan; (d) personnel involved
- Proposed budget, to include travel, accommodation and fee of personnel involved. Budget for training package will provide by YPII
- Organization Profile with the information on: (a) current and previous relevant works and clients/users; (b) CV of the personnel involved in the assignment and their key responsibilities/roles in the assignment.
The above documents can be sent electronically through the email: email@example.com; mentioning the code [GIRL2.0-Enterpreneurship] in the email subject. Required documents shall be submitted no later than April, 30th 2021 at 17.00 pm.
Or send in hardcopy in a sealed envelope with the code [GIRL2.0-Enterpreneurship] in the left corner of the envelope to
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia – Country Office
Komplek Buncit Utama No. 16
Jl. Warung Jati Barat Kav. 34
Kel. Jati Padang, Kec. Pasar Minggu
Jakarta Selatan 12540, Indonesia
Tel: +6221 2787 3111 | Fax: +6221 2787 6435