A. WORK PROFILE
|Application Deadline||01 March 2021|
|Contract Type||[Professional Service Contract]|
|Working Language||[Bahasa Indonesia dan English]|
|Expected Starting Date||08 March – 31 September 2021|
|Contract Period||7 (seven) months|
B. ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International strives for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. For 75 years, Plan International has built strong partnerships and now work in more than 70 countries. In Indonesia, Plan International started its work in 1969 and currently works in 7 provinces and sponsors more than 35,000 children.
Indonesia is projected to be the seventh largest economy by 2030 (McKinsey Global Institute, 2016). However, youth unemployment rates are at crisis level (53% of total unemployment) and young women are 17% less likely to work than young men. Indonesia needs an average of 3.2 million additional skilled workers per year, while budget allocations for non-formal (vocational) education are limited, leaving a significant number of youth untrained. Sex ratio (comparison between male and female population) youth in 2016 is 102.38. This gender ratio indicates that the number of male youths is higher than that of young women and around 53 percent of the youth live in urban areas.
Techinasia Website stated that one of the unemployment problems caused by job-seeker lack of job information. This problem created the emerging of job portal digital platform that give out job vacancy information, both in local startup and overseas company. Furthermore, the biggest internet user number in Indonesia are in the productive age group. According to a survey of the Indonesia Internet Service Providers Association (APJII), 49,52% of the total internet users in Indonesia are people aged 19-34 and the third biggest group (16,68%) age 13-18 years old.
Overall, there are 132.7 million internet users or 50% from Indonesia population. Surprisingly, total number of unique mobile users are 177.9 million that indicates a single internet user can use more than one mobile device to access internet. Another data shows that there are 130 million active social media users and 92.3% of them access it in mobile. In Indonesia, accessing social media is the most frequent activity when users going online using mobile device (Jakpat, 2016). Social media provides opportunities that have been simplified for individuals asking questions, requests, and presenting information (Thomas & Streib, 2003).
Specific about social media, Kompas Tekno (2014) stated that the growth of active users in Instagram (23%), which has been acquired by Facebook, is more rapid than Facebook (3%). Research by Taylor Nelson Sofres (2016) stated that 89% Instagram users in Indonesia are youth. Instagram is included in media sharing sites that allow people to upload, organize, and share various media material such as videos, audiovisuals, and photos with certain people or communities (Ngai, 2015). Media sharing sites were originally developed for individuals who wanted to share personal information or material with friends and others but gradually developed into sophisticated communication channels for organization to promote their products and corporate image through delivering organizational messages to stakeholder groups or communities.
In the era of digitalization, Plan Indonesia has to be present in the digital channel in order to reach wider audience. One of the projects in Plan Indonesia- W4W! – aims to reach around 10,266 disadvantaged youth in Indonesia (75% women) to complete life skills training and market-driven technical training – online where possible, digitally enhanced, or in classroom where needed. Over the 3 year W4W! timeframe at least 30%, or 3000 of the direct beneficiaries will enter decent employment, while 35,000 indirect beneficiaries at the global level will access the YES!DIGITAL Ecosystem’s for labor market information, work readiness, vocational services, and/or job-matching services.
Aside from that, Plan Indonesia also aims to empower youth in terms of employment through the ongoing Bridges to the Future: ASEAN Youth Employment project, which has started in January and will be fully conducting its activities starting from February 2021. This program aims to reach out to approximately 5,000 marginalized youths during its two years of implementation, with the goal of reskilling the youth and smoothening their transition into the workforce.
Therefore, to help with the said objectives, the support from social media, which is now one of the primary gateways to reach the youth in digital era, is needed. Plan Indonesia is now looking for a consultant to help conducting, maintaining, and monitoring its social media activities, especially for the Kitakerja digital channels, which represents the organization’s efforts in Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship.
C. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- Supporting, managing, and monitoring all digital channels (social medias) and digital engagement of Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Program (kitakerja), with the main focus on Bridges to the Future and W4W! Project.
- Supporting W4W! project on promoting and filling content in Digital Ecosystem platforms.
- Creating user engagement with existing users/beneficiaries and acquire new users for both W4W and Bridges to the Future Projects.
- Build awareness for the general KitaKerja (We Work) campaign- in which each projects of YEE Program aims to encourage the beneficiaries to have decent jobs, gender equality in workplace, and be an entrepreneur.
- Provide support for youth recruitment for Bridges to the Future.
D. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Selected consultant will be given access to the YEE (kitakerja) social media channels: Instagram, Facebook and Digital Ecosystem Platforms, which are the YES!HUB, Yes!Academy websites and other relevant platforms.
In general, the role of the consultant is to ensure youth engagement activation, youth alumni maintenance, social media management, editorial plan development, creation of communication materials (design), and tracking measurable social media achievements. There will be several activities as listed below:
MONTHLY ACTIVITIES DELIVERABLES
- Monthly editorial plan (EP) which will be reviewed and approved by Plan Indonesia team prior to execution.
- 6-8 social media posts weekly, based on agreed EP (for Instagram, Facebook, or other specified channels in internal or external media platform). Posts will be reviewed by the Plan Indonesia team before being uploaded into the social media channels.
- 2-3 posts per week for W4W
- 2-3 posts per week for Bridges to the Future
- 2 supporting social media informative posts per week to support the central message of youth employment, which is also the main message of Bridges to the Future and W4W! projects.
- Note: the posts should include the #planindonesia hashtag and created with concept to boost user registration for both W4W! and Bridges to the Future community (unique registrants/unique user). The arrangement of content can be decided by the consultant, with approval by Plan Indonesia team. The target is 500 new users/month for W4W and 500 new users/month for Bridges to the Future.
- Monthly report of social media activity and achievement, submitted every first week of the month. Consultant will do monthly monitoring and maintenance of social media and digital ecosystems platforms. Selected social media consultant will also be responsible in taking note of monthly engagements of Kitakerja’s social media channels, which include reach (IG, FB), impression (twitter), top posts with most likes, top hashtags (reach), and social media growth. The targeted amount of reach 700,000 reach/7 months for Bridges to the Future. The report will be submitted to the Plan Indonesia team through communication specialist, but with approval by Project Managers and/or Program Manager.
W4W! Targets and Activities
- Video editing for 2 videos (2 hours each) from Wired for Work Webinars (e.g: https://youtu.be/0wHzqlBO8g8).
- Promoting gender equality and decent work campaign activities through external and internal social media on at least 10 platforms. (Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook accounts owned by Plan Indonesia and specified partners).
- Create and Upload 2 (two) contents per month to Yes!Hub digital platform (raw materials supported by Plan Indonesia).
- Providing social media contents to support the cumulative target of 4.500 youth registrations in YES!Hub and YES!Academy (Kitakerja.id) and other digital platforms at the end of contract.
- Designing 8-10 poster Instagram event per month for W4W! Project.
Bridges to the Future Targets and Activities
- Conduct monthly Bridge to the Future Webinars. Consultant will need to look for speakers and pay the speakers’ fee (amount to pay will be included in consultant contract fee), conduct the webinar, manage Zoom subscriptions, recruit users, and report the reach of each webinars. All concept and execution must be approved by the Plan Indonesia team first.
- Targets: 500 youth (55% young women) completed registration form monthly. The target is to have 3,500 youth (55% young women) registered in 7 months as part of project recruitment process.
- Minimum 300 people join as participants in Bridges to the Future webinar, in total 2,100 people join as participants for 7 months.
E. DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The duration of assignment is 7 months (08 Mar 2021 – 31 September 2021).
F. INPUTS AND RESOURCES
The resources used are: Consultant with written documents (Editorial Plan, report,).
G. TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Firm/ Consultant will be paid following the terms below:
|Upon submission of creative brief||30%|
|Upon submission initial prototype submission||30%|
|Upon satisfactory completion Final Report||40%|
H. KEY PRINCIPLES, APPROACH AND ETHICAL CONSIDERATION
Plan Indonesia’s Staff and Consultant must adhere to Plan International’s Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection. The consultant must follow Ethical Principles for involving human subjects in a research and obtain written/ verbal consent from the human subjects. Permission from elder must be sought if the children under 18 years old are involved as subjects. Signed informed consent of each child and his/her parents need to take after explaining purpose of the study and its usage. Induction on this matter will be part of the training provided for the team.
All the projects managed by Plan Indonesia and its partners, should also aligned with Plan International global ambition to reach 100 million girls, using gender transformative approach in delivering its tasks. In this assignment, the consultant/ vendor is expected to apply gender transformative approach through addressing gender norms, strengthening girls’ and young women’s agency, advancing girls’ and women’s condition and position, working with boys and men to embrace gender equality, responding to the needs and interest of girls and boys in all their diversity, and fostering an environment that enables gender equality and girls’ rights.
I. REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Consultant needs to have adequate designing skill and familiar with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Kine Master, or other graphic design and video editing software.
- Upon applying, consultant needs to provide example of previous works, including Editorial Plan and example of social media posts in form of portfolio.
- Consultant needs to have adequate knowledge in social media ads to reach desired target registrants and social media reach/engagement.
- Consultant needs to understand and adhere to Plan Indonesia’s branding guideline and the required activities of each projects while working with the organization.
- Committed to child protection, youth participation and gender transformative.
J. Application Procedure
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) invites relevant teams/individuals and portfolios by sending:
- Letter of interest in carrying out the activities mentioned above.
- CV/ Resume and commitment letter to complete the work in accordance with the specify time
- Identity card
- Examples of Editorial Plan and Report Social Media Management that have been made
- Editorial Plan, and work strategy
Submit the above-mentioned documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; with Subject Email: PROC_SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT_CONSULTANT. Required documents shall be submitted no later than 01 March 2021.
All submissions to be treated confidentially. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.